Monday, February 16, 2009

Splurge vs. Steal -- UPDATED!

Today's challenge requires that you create two outfits. The first should be created from designer and high-priced items with no regard to budget. The second one must be similar to the first, but you must consider budget this time. Your outfit can be for any occasion -- work, weekend, party, etc. and you can assume any season or weather.

splurge v. steal prices
splurge v. steal prices - by traceyk on Polyvore.com

Splurge vs. Steal
Splurge vs. Steal - by katielady on Polyvore.com

Why Pay More?
Why Pay More? - by fatbecky on Polyvore.com

Splurge vs. Steal
Splurge vs. Steal - by ErinKaye on Polyvore.com

Steal
Steal - by Carrie Adams on Polyvore.com

Splurge
Splurge - by Carrie Adams on Polyvore.com

5 comments:

  1. From Becky:

    This was a good challenge Katie! Took some time. Good idea to recreate a celeb outfit, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was pretty hard!

    I agree with Becky - great idea for you to create a celebrity outfit. Majah

    Becky - i like the idea of putting prices on your polyvore

    Erin - i love your splurge dress! so fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie - I love those green shoes. Super cute!

    Apparently I didn't get the memo about adding up the outfits.

    Becky - That top shop skirt is fun.

    Erin - your layout could be in In Style mag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this challenge even though it took a little longer. I just tried to add up my total, but my steal items are in british pounds and I don't feel like converting to the dollar. But I'm sure they're still way cheaper. I can't wait for the next challenge. This is like crack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is 12:38 am on Tuesday night and I just finished mine. This one took some time! Good idea to add up the prices - I didn't do that, but maybe I will tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete